Thursday 9 February 2012

Vintage Map Birthday Card

Here is another card I really enjoyed making. Again, its nothing to do with a challenge (although to be brutally honest I've been keeping my eye out for one that it would qualify for because I'm so pleased with it and want as many people to see it as possible!!!oh my, does that make me seem really big headed?!!)

Anyway, I have a colleague who is turning 40 soon and she is absolutely travel mad. Every school holiday she seems to be off to some far flung part of the world staying in a hostel somewhere or other, so what better card could I make her than travel related. Last Christmas I managed to pick up some beautiful wrapping paper sheets in the John Lewis sale that had been slightly damaged, and were only £1 each, including one which was a vintage map of the world. That was my starting point, along with my beautiful new Postmarks stamps from Papertrey Ink. They're so versatile, and I have a few new baby cards to make which I'm sure will look lovely with date stamps.
card



It was the first time I'd used the stamps, so I was keen to use as many as possible!
I decided to try and combine a luggage label with the post theme, and incorporated her birthday and age onto the card.

I liked the vintage theme, and sponged the edges of the label with some tea dye distress ink, and how could I resist the bee on the stamp (which I have as a matching Papertrey die!)!
I hope you like my vintage map theme (and just in case you're wondering, I chose the Asian part of the map as this was were she went on her last jaunt!) thanks for all your lovely comments.

1 comment:

  1. Fabby card Beth, what fantastic stamps and I love what you've done with them. Sounds like you had a good day with KW, hope Monkey OK now.

    ReplyDelete